国内お問い合わせ窓口
info@displaysupplychain.co.jp

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 08/31/2020


China Star Acquires Samsung Suzhou
図表: China Star and BOE LCD and G7+ LCD Panel Capacity Share

Austin, TX USA -

TCL Technology Group, the corporate parent of China Star Optoelectronics Technology (CSOT), announced this week an agreement to acquire Samsung Display’s assets in Suzhou, China, including a Gen 8.5 fab and a co-located LCD module plant. Under the deal, TCL will pay Samsung more than $1 billion, but the majority of the money is returned to TCL as an investment, and Samsung Display will become a minority shareholder in a TCL subsidiary.

TCL will acquire Samsung Display’s 60% equity in Suzhou Samsung Electronics LCD Technology Co., Ltd. and 100% equity of Suzhou Samsung Display Co., Ltd. Prior to the transaction, TCL had a 10% share in the Suzhou fab, with the transaction they will now own 70%, with the remaining 30% owned by Suzhou Industrial Park State-owned Assets Holding Development Co., Ltd.

The transfer price was listed as US$1.080 billion (~CNY 7.622 billion) for both businesses. At the same time, Samsung Display will pay US$739 million (~CNY 5.213 billion) to purchase a stake in TCL subsidiary TCL Huaxing via a capital increase. TCL Huaxing is the subsidiary holding CSOT’s large gen display fabs, including its Gen 8.5 and Gen 10.5 fabs (TCL calls these Gen 11, but DSCC recognizes them as Gen 10.5) in Shenzhen.

Within the $1.08 billion total, the payment for the Gen 8.5 fab is $739 million, which corresponds to the Samsung capital increase in TCL Huaxing. The other $341 million for the module plant represents a cash transfer from TCL to Samsung.

⇒ 続き (図表入り全文) はこちらから


About DSCC

https://www.displaysupplychain.co.jp/about

本ページでは、毎週火曜日 (米国時間月曜日) にDSCCグローバルサイトに速報掲載される海外アナリストブログ集から、日本の読者様のお役に立てる直近の分析記事を選抜し、ご紹介しています。 ※ウェブシステムのレイアウト制限により「Press Releases」掲載枠を使用しています※

【一般のお客様:本記事の出典調査レポートのお引き合い】
上記「国内お問い合わせ窓口」にて承ります。会社名・部署名・お名前、および対象レポート名またはブログタイトルをお書き添えの上、メール送信をお願い申し上げます。和文概要資料、商品サンプル、国内販売価格を返信させていただきます。

【報道関係者様:本記事の日本語解説&データ入手のご要望】
上記「国内お問い合わせ窓口」にて承ります。媒体名・お名前・ご要望内容、および必要回答日時をお書き添えの上、メール送信をお願い申し上げます。記者様の締切時刻までに、国内アナリストが最大限・迅速にサポートさせていただきます。